A Wanderer of Sorts

Being called his "little gypsy," my husband has made me realize things about myself. As humans, we seem to strive to be the person we think we are meant to be. Typical, but I am led to wonder what molds our thinking to know who that person is or the role to be assumed in life. For many years, I have been laughed at, looked down on and been thought of as someone who was incapable of completing things.

Being thought of in those ways is hurtful. Incapable of completing something is not the problem. Life happens. As it does, I go for the ride. What is meant to be will be. Sometimes we fight; other times, we surrender. For where I roam, whether in body, mind, or spirit, I am in a new place. Each place is another experience. Each place is a step to completing my life. Therefore, as a bystander may see an individual task of my life incomplete, that task is just a small part of a whole. It is but a small step in my journey. This life is complete only in death. What is meant for me to do is completed not just in accomplishments approved of by society, but in the stumbles of reality. For anyone can regurgitate what society teaches, but not one can teach life.

So, slam on those brakes! What in the world is wrong with a bohemian view? So I don't think conventionally, live in a recycled/upcycled world, and enjoy the things given by God and sprung forth from the earth. What bad thing can be said for someone ready to give up their material things? Or for someone wanting to get his or her hands dirty with the rawness of life? I find seeing or hearing about the world through another's eyes and ears to be quite fascinating. All the more amazing when you are doing whatever it is yourself! Then, and only then, can you really tell the story.

If one choice leads to another, let it be. Some reason lies in the change of venue-a correction in the path, a stepping stone building up to another level, or possibly a tool to strengthen what has already been accomplished. Having thought hard, looked deep into myself, I have to say I am who I am. If that be the label of a gypsy, a boho, or non-conformist, I am glad. I can rejoice knowing I think for myself. God created freedom. God created love. God created the most beautiful of things. And God created me.

Comments

Popular Posts